Monday, September 29, 2008

Got some work done today.

Today I painted some tombstones, re-painted my fence columns, and gave my scarecrow a makeover. I think everything came out better than I expected it to and I am very happy with all of the work I got done. Well, everything except for my scarecrows new head... it's not exactly like I want it, but it's close. I used the airbrush a lot today and really had fun with that, it really made the columns and scarecrow look better than they would have otherwise. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon, when I tried earlier today, the up-loader didn't seem to want to work. Right now I'm headed back down to the garage to finish painting some tombstones.

I think I am going to start setting up some things tomorrow, it's a little earlier than I had planned, but I'm too excited... plus it will free up some room in the garage so I can work on some other stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heading to Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal Studios Oct 9 in Orlando and Hallow-Scream @ Bush Gardens here in Tampa Oct 17. I will post pics of my trips once I have got my blog back up and running. I am waiting to relaunch it Nov 1 with all Halloween pics from my 08 yard haunt. I am looking forward to your new props; eagerly waiting your posts!
Respect~
Robs

Johnny said...

Can't wait to see the pics! I think I'm going to be living vicariously through you guys this year.
I'll be lucky to get my scarecrow done this year.

Valhella said...

Wow, you're setting up already!
Sweet. I wish I lived near you.
You've inspired me, I'll see what can withstand the weather and get some stuff out of the basement too!

Grim said...

I actually put up my graveyard fence on October 1st and put "Grim" out on the front porch. I have some other things in my garage looking out right now when the door is up, I have a lot of stuff that won't withstand rain, etc. that I won't be putting out until later. I'll probably be putting out some tombstones today though, maybe a coffin or two. I'm sure I'll be out there every day this month adding stuff and moving stuff around.