Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Pumpkin (well, maybe)



I think we may have our first pumpkin of the year starting to grow, the best part is that it is right next to the sidewalk where we can keep a close eye on it. Hopefully it will grow enough over the next month so that I can use it on Halloween night. The package that the seeds came in said "130 days to harvest" so I picked out a date in October, somewhere around the 15th, and went back 130 days so I would know when to plant the seeds, so I can only hope that the information was true. I'll have to post some pictures as it is growing and changing over the next month (if it survives).

Andi took these pictures this morning, and while she was out she ran into our Praying Mantis friend again...

3 comments:

Tisha Leigh said...

Wow, what an amazing photo! We see quite a few of those little guys around here, too. I saw a tiny baby one not that long ago. They're so cute. They almost look like little aliens! LOL

Grim said...

That one lives right around our front porch and is usually out there every day, almost like a pet to us now.

Grim said...

Well, that one died a few days after this was posted... I have a few more growing now though.