Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Watcher

Looking through some pictures tonight and came across this picture of "The Watcher". I think this was the first "real" Halloween prop I ever made a few years back. He was made from wood, burlap, chicken wire, monster mud, and an old mask. I usually put this guy in a dimly lit place where people have to walk right by him. In the dark it's hard to tell if it is a real person or not, and you are expecting him to grab you at any moment.

I should point out that I used the Home Haunter's Prop Building Handbook, from Terror Syndicate, while making this guy... Here's another picture of him in "action".

4 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Wow, he looks familar.... :D Only, yours looks much better!!

Great prop! Thanks for sharing your history. :) Great prop...even now :)

Cheers!

PumpkinBrain said...

Very nice work! Congratulations!

Grim said...

I don't know about all that now, haha... thanks for the compliment though!

I should note that I used the Home Haunter's Prop Building Handbook from Terror Syndicate for making this guy.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

LOL! Me too!! We love Steve, he is a great guy!

Cheers!