Saturday, September 5, 2009

Some Halloween Props (Not Mine)

It is nice to know that some of the things I have made have inspired others. It is kind of cool to see a prop that I got the idea for from somewhere else, go on to a "third generation" of other props. Although I still don't feel that I'm up to the point yet where people would want to replicate my props, it is very cool and inspires me to do even greater things. Unfortunately, this year has been very busy for me and has seriously cut into my prop making time. I have only made one prop so far this year... but then again, I'm a last minute type of guy and have some things planned for the next couple of months. I think I have a pretty good theme for this year... be watching for a teaser video in about a month. With that being said, here are a couple of pictures of some props that people have sent me in the last couple of months.

This is another version of my "Grim" prop that is in the works. I am enjoying seeing the updates of this prop as it is being made. Looking pretty good, Brian.


Here was my version...
Which was inspired originally by Skull and Bone's "Kreep"... which can be seen here.




Here is a Cloaked Ghost, that is actually motorized so that it moves...
Pretty cool, Richard.

Here was my version...


...which was inspired by Pumpkinrot's Cloaked Ghost...


7 comments:

Fellow yard haunter said...

just discovered your blog through a series of links (originating at www.garageofevilnetwork.com). You do some great work, impressive! Curious what you used as your base on the cloaked ghost?

Keep it up, inspiring stuff!

Grim said...

I used a section of pvc pipe for the main "body". I drove about a 4' long section of conduit about a foot into the ground and just slid the pvc pipe (the whole ghost at that point) over it. The only problem I had with that was that the wind would make them face different directions than I wanted them to, so I would have to adjust them daily. While I was building them, I just made a simple stand for them to stay upright on.

Unknown said...

Your Grim Inspired me as well...would love to share a picture of him with you!!

Grim said...

Would love to see any more pictures that anyone would like to send. Glad so many people like Grim. :)

Unknown said...

Could you give me some info on how you made "grim"? I'd love to make a version of him this year!

Grim said...

Thank you!

Grim said...

Duplicate comment... :)