Monday, October 6, 2008

Walking Stick

I know this isn't really all that scary or Halloween related, but I found this bug on one of my pumpkin plants this morning. I'm not sure of the correct name for them but I always called them "Walking Sticks". I hope it stays away from the Praying Mantis that also hangs around our front porch, that little run-in could turn out bad. Anyway, this was only about the second or third one I have ever seen in my life, so I thought it was pretty cool. Now if I could just get some pumpkins to grow... I think it's probably too late for that now. Oh well, maybe next year.



If you look in the background you can see some of the tombstones that I put out the other day, made a pretty good background.

3 comments:

Guillaume said...

I think the tombstone pic is nice and eerie.

Tisha Leigh said...

What a weird bug! Never seen one like that. It looks like an alien life-form. I love the tombstones in the background. Looks great! I so wish I could have a big yardful of tombstones and other Halloween stuff.

Johnny said...

Agreed.
The tombs with the pumpkin leaves is very cool.