Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Road

I've been waiting for this movie to come out (on dvd) for what seems like forever... I read the book a while back, and it was awesome. It's not a typical "scary story", in a way it reminds me of what things might be like after a zombie outbreak or some other type of disaster. The book never really gets into what the disaster was that has these particular characters traveling on The Road, and hopefully the movie won't either. Some things are better when left to the imagination. I hope this movie isn't a disappointment like so many of the others seem to be that I look forward to so much. I haven't really heard much about whether it was a good movie or not since it originally released at the theaters in October, and I don't think it even came to my city (which might be a bad sign). I guess I'll have to find out May 25th.


Click the picture to watch the trailer...

5 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Having read the book myself, I am really looking forward to this...although I am sure there are some parts that well be removed. I am sure there will be several scenes that are not in the movie.

Anyway, I have always loved Viggo - he is my favorite devil to date :)

Cheers!

Grim said...

I really liked it. It held to the book pretty good, and had a couple of flashbacks that I didn't remember from the book. Overall, I was pretty happy with it, and I think you'll probably enjoy it, too!

Tisha Leigh said...

What happens that causes it all? I've never heard of this movie.

Grim said...

They never really say... which I like. It kind of leaves it up to you, and whatever you think.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Watched it this weekend...not bad. I enjoyed it, husband who had not read the book thought it was a bit dark :)

Cheers!